Trimmers can come in handy if you own one personally. Sure, you may think that it is best to leave all the work to the barber, but have you paused to consider all the benefits of owning a hair trimmer? For one thing, it means you won’t have to make regular trips to the barber, which can be inconveniencing at times. Secondly, you will learn the art and skill of hair cutting. Remember that any skill learned is never a waste. Additionally, you get to wear your hair the way you want to, not how the barber wants or how they can be able to cut it. With your own trimmer, there is no hairstyle you cannot wear, especially not after you have perfected the art.
How to Choose a Hair Trimmer
There are several factors that you should consider before settling on any particular trimmer. Trimmers are many and it is important that you distinguish between various features of each in order to decide that which is best for you. One feature that you should pay attention to is its power. Basically there are three types of motors on trimmers: rotary, magnetic and pivot motors. Rotary clippers have the greatest power which enables them to cut their way easily through thick and wet hair. Magnetic trimmers on the other hand are fast and are great at smooth cutting.
The type of blade on a trimmer also matters. You want to choose a trimmer whose blades you can clean easily. Detachable blades are the best when it comes to this. You should also choose a durable trimmer that you don’t have to replace for years. A great trimmer is also one that cuts hair fast, and one that affords you a comfortable grip. Here are some of the best hair trimmers for home use.
The Best Trimmers
- Oster Motor Clipper 76023-510 – This is regarded as being one of the best trimmers for domestic use. It is a pivot clipper, which means that it runs on a powerful motor. Cutting thick hair using this clipper is remarkably easy. It is also easy to cut wet hair using this clipper thanks to its widely spaced teeth. It comes with an adjustable blade. The only con of the product is that it is shorter than your average clipper.
- Oster Classic 7676076010 – Yet another trimmer by Oster, this product is also a top quality trimmer. It comes in a durable casing and has interchangeable blades. With these blades you can trim your hair to whatever length perfectly. It is a heavy duty trimmer that is better suited for professional use. It is not ideal for those with small hands because it is quite large and heavy.
- Wahl Color Pro 79300- 400T – This is one of the lowest priced items by Wahl, but it is still a great trimmer for home use. It has a good grip and comes with tapper control. In fact, it comes as a kit that contains color coded combs, the trimmer and the tapper. It might be a little too noisy for some, but it does a great job at cutting hair all the same.
- Wahl Professional 8329 – This is yet another affordable trimmer from Wahl that comes as a kit. The kit contains the trimmer, a tapper, combs, a cleaning brush and lubricating oil. Taking care of the trimmer is easy. It is light in weight and well designed, and is a rather versatile styling tool. It is best suited for new barbers and home use as well.
- Andis 64850 – This product is as versatile as it is durable. It is a cordless trimmer that uses a rotary motor. It charges fast and the charge lasts for about an hour. It has a ceramic clip that prevents it from getting uncomfortably hot. The blades are detachable and easy to clean. It might be a little expensive, but it’s worth every coin you spend on it.
- Wahl 79600-2101 – Another product from Wahl, this trimmer is loved because of its great performance. It has a good battery that can run for up to 2 hours, and it charges within ten minutes. It is cordless, hence it is easy to move around. It however has a non- removable head, which makes cleaning it a hard task.
- Remington HKVAC2000A – The most outstanding feature of this trimmer is that it has a dual motor system and uses vacuum suction. It allows for optimum airflow which results in clean haircuts. The collection chambers are removable, so it’s quite easy to clean it.
- Remington HC4250 – This trimmer is simple and easy to use, although it is best suited for those with short hair. It has a broad and curved cutting blade which allows for quick cutting of hair. It comes with a battery and is easy to wash. There are also corded trimmers. The product comes in a kit that contains oil, a cleaning brush and a storage pouch.
- Wahl Super Taper 8400 – This is ideal for experts, but it works well at home too. It is properly designed and comes with a V5000 motor which is pretty powerful. It is expensive but produces quality results. It never gets too hot, but it might be too loud to some.
- Wahl 8500 – Yet another product by Wahl, this trimmer is a classic one. It is affordable and runs on a V900 motor. It is a magnetic motor which means that it is relatively fast, but it also heats up quickly.
Now you know what home trimmers are worth your attention. Just take your time choosing your trimmer from those discussed above and it will certainly not disappoint you.